FCC TCB CERTIFICATION
Ultratech is fully accredited by ANSI under ISO/IEC 17065 and recognized by Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as a Telecom Certification Body (TCB), which allows Ultratech to certify the telecom radio equipment submitted for certification in accordance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
Ultratech has developed a TCB Certification Program that provides the manufacturers and test laboratories with better “time to market” and low cost solutions. Manufacturers and test laboratories may prepare applications to submit for their product certification under the scopes iterated below.
Ultratech’s TCB Scope of Accreditation
Scope A - Unlicensed Radio Frequency Devices
- A1 – Low power transmitters operating on frequencies below 1 GHz (with the exception of spread spectrum devices), emergency alert systems, unintentional radiators (e.g., personal computers and associated peripherals and TV Interface Devices) and consumer ISM devices subject to certification (e.g., microwave ovens, RF lighting and other consumer ISM devices)
- A2 – Low power transmitters operating on frequencies above 1 GHz, with the exception of spread spectrum devices
- A3 – Unlicensed Personal Communication System (PCS) device
- A4 – Unlicensed National Information Infrastructure (UNII) devices and low power transmitters using spread spectrum techniques
Scope B - Licensed Radio Service Equipment
- B1 – Personal Mobile Radio Services in 47 CFR Parts 22 (cellular), 24, 25, and 27
- B2 – General Mobile Radio Services in 47 CFR Parts 22 (non-cellular), 73, 74, 90, 95 and 97
- B3 – Maritime and Aviation Radio Services in 47 CFR Parts 80 and 87
- B4 – Microwave Radio Services in 47 CFR Parts 27, 74 and 101